Riverbed SteelCentral AppResponse Review

AppResponse Xpert is a great solution for whoever is looking to for infrastructure troubleshooter.

What is most valuable?

End User Experience Monitoring: conversations, protocols but first of all the web transaction analysis feature with waterfall capabilities is now a fundamental tool for our NOC/SOC team.

How has it helped my organization?

Any potential issue is now discovered by our NOC/SOC team before it impacts the end-user experience. We are currently monitoring the performance perceived by the end user accessing and using the strategic applications of our worldwide customers. Usually, a problem is analyzed from a variety of different viewpoints but never from the most important: the End User. Thanks to the Riverbed Steelcentral AppResponse technology our remote services are now focused on monitoring the End User "satisfaction" instead of watching only the infrastructure.

What needs improvement?

We are working to improve SAP transactions monitoring capabilities. This feature will give us a great differentiator to our monitoring and managed services.

1 year

No. As any monitoring tool, the deployment is a process and it never ends.

Absolutely none.

The 1200 and 2200 models are sufficient for any PMI. If you want to scale in terms of performances and features you have to consider the 3300.

The support we had as of now is excellent.

No, we didn't use any other NPM/APM solution before Riverbed, but we tested some competitors.

Again, the setup is easy but it has to be considered a never ending process as the infrastructure is, at the end, dynamic.

In house

AppDynamics, Fluke Networks

What other advice do I have?

It's a great solution and we think it could be used in many different ways.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Riverbed partner