Riverbed SteelCentral AppResponse Review
The application response time is user-friendly.

How has it helped my organization?

The biggest problem of end-to-end Application Performance Monitoring (APM) solution is that service assurance is mapping a problem to the appropriate team. When the business units check their jobs, step by step, every single system seems to work properly but they need to check the big picture, which AppResponse does easily.

What is most valuable?

The application response time is very user friendly. With some APM solutions, it can take a long time to check a periodic report, but you can get all the necessary details quickly with AppResponse.

What needs improvement?

The admin dashboard could be easier, as it takes a little bit of time to get used to it. Also, they need to better integrate with products and solutions from different vendors.

Each AppResponse implementation made our stability better across our 500+ applications.

Technical support is 10/10, as they have a quick response time and are awesome.

Initial setup is really straightforward and can be completed with a couple of clicks and you don't need to perform a lot of deep dives.

The initial setup was performed by the vendor team, but updates and reinstalls have been done by in-house staff.

The licensing model is expensive compared to its competitors, but the service it gives to your business, and the data quality, means that it's worth it.

During the PoC process, we met with representatives of various vendors about different solutions and Riverbed was one of them. AppResponse and ARX showed us the red points easily and quickly. We then decided to add the product to our portfolio and now the monitoring team and application owners are happier now.

What other advice do I have?

The implementation is very easy. Business application and server logic can show the root cause of issues and provide service assurance through end-to-end business relations. Every service assurance and monitoring team should try the product. It can probably improve your internal business relationships.