Riverbed Steelhead Review

​By utilizing the RSP slots we can create a virtual domain controller and/or member server at our remote sites.

Valuable Features:

1. Inbound QoS
  2. Outbound QoS
  3. Path Selection
  4. SSL optimization
  5. The breadth of scope in the “Reports” tab….(Top Talkers, Current Connections, Application Visibility, Optimized throughput, Traffic Summary and many more)

Improvements to My Organization:

By utilizing the RSP slots we can create a virtual domain controller and/or member server at our remote sites to take care of DHCP, DNS, LDAP auth, Server Print Queues, etc.

If no local file shares (Storage) are needed this is a nice way to save money on hardware and maintenance costs.

Room for Improvement:

SteelCentral Controller global QoS policy should be able to be implemented from the CLI vice only the Web GUI.

Deployment Issues:

We've had no issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

We've had no issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

We've had no issues with scalability.

Other Advice:

It is very good at optimizing WAN traffic and it has so many more features on top of that which help global enterprises monitor, identify and police traffic by application type, IP subnet, source, and/or destination.  Amazingly efficient tool to use when troubleshooting WAN issues..(customer complaints and more).