Riverbed Steelhead Review

Many of our offshore installation are on low bandwidth but this has really helped to optimize the network.

Valuable Features

First of all we are great fan of Riverbed WAN optimization feature which I would say is the most valuable for us as we have couple of low bandwidth scenarios. Apart from this we are using specific Office 365 optimization since we are using Exchange online. We also use EX functionality of the box where we host our VM servers.

Improvements to My Organization

Many of our offshore installation are on low bandwidth but this has really helped to optimize the network which basically means we are able to achieve faster data connection or link.

Room for Improvement

There are issues with the tech support and scalability.

We have had no issues with the deployment.

We have had no issues with the stability.

The device mostly comes with a standard configuration with no options to upgrade the hardware. This means that we need to go ahead with a new or high end model in case the infra changes happen.

Riverbed needs to really work on local support when it comes to technical knowledge transfer. They need to have teams who can give proper knowledge transfer to customers so that they can use the device in best ways

Other Advice

Riverbed is great product and base functionality of these devices which is WAN optimization is handled by them in best and intelligent way.