Rohde & Schwarz Oscilloscopes Review

Serial data analyzers and jitter measurements are free, but unit should be smaller, portable

What is our primary use case?

We use it for monitoring and measuring signals in telecom systems. We are measuring anything from low-speed to high-speed and we are usually using the whole bandwidth of the product.

What is most valuable?

Most of the features offered are free, like serial data analyzers or jitter measurements.

What needs improvement?

The user interface of this solution is not that intuitive. When you're used to a different product, there's a learning curve.

Also, the size of the unit is too big, too heavy. It has to be made more portable and smaller.

Less than one year.

We haven't really contacted support, but if we did we would go through the rep or the distributor.

If we are going to switch, usually it's speed related and bandwidth related.

We looked at Tektronix and Keysight. We did a trial or a demo of the products on our shortlist before purchasing them. What we learned was that the price varies from model to model but usually they're in the same ballpark.

What other advice do I have?

When you're used to a product, go with the same product or vendor, unless the price of another is really cheap.

There's a definite learning curve. I'm used to Tek or Agilent.

I would rate this product at seven out of ten because there's a learning curve that's involved in using the product.