Rohde & Schwarz Oscilloscopes Review

Accurate, very easy to operate, and user-friendly, it enabled my EMC/EMI testing

What is our primary use case?

I used it for board design, EMC/EMI measurements, EMC/EMI testing, and for RF measurements. I used it to test some parameters in phased array antennas, to do testing of far fields. I was measuring signals up to 15 gigahertz, and for EMI testing according to the FCC.

I used it to support connected devices for IoT development.

I used the full bandwidth of the product.

How has it helped my organization?

I used it almost every day as a lab testing and measurement unit. It was a mandatory instrument for doing my job.

What is most valuable?

It was a spectrum analyzer of Rohde & Schwarz so the characterization of RF channels was helpful and it enabled me to see the measurements that I wanted to see.

The user interface was very simple to operate and there were a lot of tutorials.

There was technical support, there was no problem with that. There were tutorials. We also had people in Israel who provided any assistance that we needed.

I didn't choose Rohde & Schwarz. It was bought in the past, so it was there.

One of the things I liked less, not only me but also my company, was that Rohde & Schwarz are very expensive. The prices are too high. There are solutions that are almost the same that sell at better prices. It's a problem for Rohde & Schwarz, but their instruments are very good, that's for sure.

What other advice do I have?

If your company has enough money and you are not a small startup or a medium startup, purchase Rohde & Schwarz. But, of course, a small company or small startups that are just at the start, this is not a good solution for you.

There wasn't really a learning curve, because the principles are basic things that other engineers could explain to us very quickly. But if we had to do out-of-the-ordinary things, we always had references on the internet or contact with Rohde & Schwarz people in Israel.

I would rate the product at nine out of ten, because it's very accurate, very easy to operate, very user-friendly, and there is a lot of support. The nine, instead of ten, is because of the price.