Rohde & Schwarz Oscilloscopes Review

We use it to measure high-speed and low-speed signals

What is our primary use case?

I'm using the VNA for basic measurements, debugging, and troubleshooting in the automotive industry.

The application space that we are using the solution to target is all types applications: high-speed digital, high-speed serial, channel evaluation, cables, measuring cables, and measuring connectors.

I am measuring high-speed and low-speed signals.

What is most valuable?

The product is quite reliable and straightforward to use. Typically, there are no households that we have to set up.

What needs improvement?

User interface is okay. I would probably rate it a seven out of ten. The software is sometimes not intuitive, even though we want it to be. It could be a bit better.

I'm against the Windows-based tools. Now everybody is running scopes, VNAs, and all their tools based on Windows. I don't want to see that in the future.

We are utilizing the full bandwidth of the product.

Typically, if we need to upgrade, we just buy another tool.

If we are looking to purchase a product, we ask for a loaner for a month or so to test it out. Then, we will make a decision.

When considering a solution for purchase, it's a combination of user interface, abilities, and price. If something is way better, then costs is less of a factor.

What other advice do I have?

Shop around. Get a loaner from all of the options. Purchase the one which fits best for you.

It doesn't take that long to get acclimated to the solution, unless you have something difficult. Everything is mostly available online. I don't think I even contacted support.

We have use it mostly with supported calibration tools (for support devices).