RSA Authentication Manager Review
It provides effective two factor authentication for remote users.

Valuable Features

It does what we want it to do, has nice security administration features and built in reporting and other provisions.

It provides effective two factor authentication for remote users. The product has features that provide varying authentication mechanisms -

• Hard hand held RSA tokens
  • Soft tokens (software tokens for Smartphones)
  • OnDemand one-time token authentication for vendors that may need access

Provisions for decentralized administration and Help Desk/Service Desk problem resolution have been incorporated into the product architecture, with built-in separation of duties. Examples include but are not limited to such events as -

• Resolving authentication issues
  • Verifying the identities of those individuals that call with remote access issues
  • Auditing/logging all activities, etc.

Improvements to My Organization

The product has addressed our remote access security needs while making our work force mobile thus enhancing productivity and customer service initiatives. This means people can work after hours, on weekends or during inclement weather conditions to support the business enterprise.

Room for Improvement

Over the fifteen years I’ve used RSA security solutions the vendor (EMC) has addressed customer security concerns and implemented enhancements in new releases of the program product.

Use of Solution

I have used RSA for two different employers for approximately 15 years. During this time period I’ve worked on approximately five different product releases. At this time, my security team administers the RSA security solution for approximately fifteen hundred end users.

Not that I am aware of.

Stability and integrity of the product and how it provides reliable two factor authentication is good.

I am not aware of any problems. All system upgrades went smoothly from an administrative perspective. I believe the Server Engineers could say the same if you asked them. My observation over the years is that the system upgrades can be complicated and must be well planned out to address 'what if' issues, including backing off upgrades if necessary.

Very good. I have not experienced any problems with customer service, however your support agreement with the vendor should be valid, up to date to prevent any issues.

From an administrative perspective I would say technical support is very good.

I have only used RSA products the past fifteen years and have not looked at any other solutions.

From a security administration standpoint I would submit that set up is straight forward and end user friendly.

Implementation Team

We had an in-house team of server, Help Desk and Security Administration personnel implement this security solution.

ROI

Confidence that the security solution does all that it’s supposed to do.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Like everything, there is hardware, software, licensing, support and product cost(s), etc. associated with this product.

Other Solutions Considered

No other options evaluated.

Other Advice

Research your requirements and compare the product’s offerings to your implementation requirements.