RSA Aveksa [EOL] Review

The most valuable features are the identity store and the membership rules.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the identity store and the membership rules.

How has it helped my organization?

HR is now our starting point. We have collectors to/from all back end systems.

We are able to see all the misconfigurations in HR/ back end systems and we are able to correct them.

Using membership rules saves us a lot of time. It is very important that we are in control.

We are now able to assign roles based on HR attributes. Maintenance will be decreased.

What needs improvement?

• AFX collector/connector for SAP
  • Forms: Should be more flexible to manage fields
  • You cannot show fancy documents to the end-user

We started to work with this tool two weeks ago after a long preparation time.

The stability is good, when you put in enough resources.

When running big collections/connections for the first time, we encountered some performance issues. However, with additional resources, this was fixed.

Our implementer is Capgemini and they are OK.

We used AlertEnterprise. In the past, no identity module was purchased. We switched due to the high cost of implementation.

Because we were already working with the IAM tool, we already knew what we wanted. The configuration, however, is very complex.

I think the pricing is OK. Be aware that you make rules about the use of identities, because otherwise you will pay!!!

We did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure that you have a good idea of what you want, because implementation is very complex. I am still amazed what this tool can do.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Our main company in Paris has relationship with vendor.