RSA Aveksa [EOL] Review

Configuration based tool that requires less coding compared to other IAM products.

What is most valuable?

It is a configuration based tool and requires less coding compared to other IAM products like SailPoint and OIM. It is very good in Access Governance for review processes.

How has it helped my organization?

Before implementing RSA Aveksa, our organization was facing following challenges:

• Manual provisioning and de-provisioning for users account like AD, Exchange, Lync and other applications. Due to manual innervation it will take time for user on-boarding process and also data is not sync if any changes happened in HR source.
  • Leaver account was not disabled on time. It leads to audit compliance issue.
  • Audit compliance issue.
  • Access Request management is not available.
  • After implementing RSA Aveksa, all the above mentioned issues have been resolved.

What needs improvement?

• The Access Provisioning process needs to be improved. Compared to other IAM tool the architecture of provisioning process is not up to the mark.
  • Tutorial and solution examples are lacking in RSA community center.
  • Customization flexibility is also minimal due to this sometimes not able to fulfill the organization's complex requirements.

I have used this solution for last year and a half.

I did not encounter any stability issues.

RSA Customer care support is also good compared to other IAM products.

I would give technical support a rating of 8/10.

I wanted to learn and explore different IAM products. It would help me to achieve my career goal.

The initial setup was straightforward. The installation is easy and mostly all the required documents are available for the initial setup.

I was not involved in pricing and licensing. But I believe compared to other IAM products, the license cost is less.

We evaluated SailPoint Identity IQ and Novell Identity Manager.

What other advice do I have?

I would like to recommend this product. This product required very little customization and most of the solution can be developed using out of box features. For customers who have very complex requirements and require lots of customization, then I would recommend SailPoint Identity IQ.