RSA enVision Review

Out of date and not scalable, but the reporting is good

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to collect system events from different log sources.

How has it helped my organization?

RSA enVision provides the full system visibility of your events within your IT ecosystem.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the reporting.

What needs improvement?

RSA enVision log manager is out of date and is not in use anymore.

I have used this solution in more than one company. I have been working with RSA enVision for six years.

It's very stable. We had no issue with stability.

It is not scalable at all. This is an area that could have been improved, but it is out of date and no longer used. RSA enVision does not share the system anymore.

We have only one user in our organization. I am the only one who is using this solution. I am the system administrator.

We do not pay for support. I do everything myself.

Most of the systems are an out-of-the-box process, but if you want some exotic logs to sell, you will have to create patches.

For a fine-tuned deployment, it will take three to four months.

We no longer pay a licensing fee because it is out of date and don't pay for support.

We evaluated McAfee and IBM QRadar.

What other advice do I have?

I still use this solution in my company every day but everything is out of date.

I have learned how to write parsers.

My recommendation to others is to be careful in the evaluation of SIEM solutions.

There is no future for this solution. It does not exist anymore. I would rate RSA enVision a four out of ten.

More RSA enVision reviews from users
...who compared it with IBM QRadar
Find out what your peers are saying about RSA, Splunk, IBM and others in Security Information and Event Management (SIEM). Updated: June 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.