RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle Review

The setup admin guide is spot on but the installation could be more flexible.

What is most valuable?

It allows users to authenticate using two-factor authentication, which is becoming more and more of a regulatory requirement.

How has it helped my organization?

It has streamlined the process of authentication, which has resulted allows for less calls to our Service Desk/SOC for password resets.

What needs improvement?

It could be a little more flexible with the installation of the product. Only virtual Linux environements for hardware appliances are allowed for a deployment.

I have been using this version for over a year.

There was a minor issue with getting the replica to attach. We worked through the issue and it's now functioning.

Never - one thing I can say about RSA is that the boxes are stable and solid. With an attached replica, it also allows for peace of mind.

Our license allows for one primary instance and 15 replica's, so the answer is no. It's scalable and works very well at doing this.

I have never had an issue with RSA's customer service, they're an easy 4/5.

Very good. Everyone I have spoken to when a ticket needs opening, has been excellent at guiding me towards a resolution and does solid work with the knowledge transfer.

Yes - we have been using since version 6.1 and the switch was made due to RSA calling EOL on all versions previous to 8.1.

Very straightforward as the setup admin guide is spot on and one of the best I have ever used/encountered.

I am RSA Certified so I handle all implementations of RSA in-house.

The real ROI will happen when we implement the on-demand token code portion within the next year.

The cost initially, if using hardware appliances will run around $10,000. That's with a base license (primary/replica), and also includes the cost of about 50 tokens.

No other options were evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

If possible, hire someone to manage the installation that has a solid concept of what they're doing. Be sure to have them meet with all the teams that will need to authenticate so that all the proper connections are made from the implementation of the product.