RSA SecurID Access Review
Deployment is smooth if the prerequisites are met but log-in and log-out need improvement

Valuable Features

• Encryption
  • Random key generation and making it available for the user on the fly without any knowledge of the user regarding the keys.

Improvements to My Organization

Basically this works best and comes very handy where there is a large number of keys required on a scheduled (Hourly, Daily, Weekly or Monthly etc) basis.

Room for Improvement

Log-in with the credentials and log-out. After logging out, if the back button of the browser is clicked then it was taking users into the platform without asking for any credentials. Sometimes the URL needs to be altered for log-in.

Use of Solution

I have used this solution for almost two years. This is not as an end user but as a Consultant and worked in implementing and migrating the products various versions.

Deployment is smooth if the prerequisites are met completely. Please check the version compatibility.

It was really stable during my use.

As I mentioned earlier, it was scalable as well.

I would really rate the technical support as 4 (in a scale of 1-10). My interaction with the technical support was never good. Case registering is a complex activity and support responds very late and takes a lot of time to resolve small issues.

Initial setup was straightforward in terms of number of steps and activities to be completed. Most important thing is to make sure the prerequisites are met.

Implementation Team

We implemented this with our in-house team as we planned well for the implementation.

Other Advice

Go ahead and implement.