RSA SecurID Access Review

Scalable and secure, but could be more compliant-based

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use this solution for multifactor authentication.

What is most valuable?

All of its features work well with the cloud authentication manager and the tokens — the authentication manager is good. The tokens can be integrated with Okta, which is nice. I think it is really good when it comes to the hard token side of things.

What needs improvement?

There are different compliances across the globe; RSA SecurID Access could be more complaint-based. For example, it would be nice if the authentication manager was compliant with IRAP in Australia.

I have been using this solution for roughly one year.

Stability-wise, on a scale from one to five, I would give this solution a rating of three and a half.

In terms of scalability, I am not sure if it's necessarily scalable on its own, but when integrated with other cloud solutions and improved on a regular basis, it's quite scalable. The cloud side is definitely scalable. It's difficult to say exactly how scalable it is. Scalability-wise, I would say it's slightly above average; just be sure to integrate it with other cloud-based solutions if you need to scale out further.

I personally haven't had any contact with technical support; I handle the business side of things.

Although I haven't set up this solution personally, our development team has informed me that the initial setup is quite straightforward.

I think the price of this solution is reasonable compared to YubiKey and Duo given that it offers the same similar features. For a large company, if there is an agreement and a discount agreed upon, then you can get this solution for a reasonable price. The price really comes down to the size of your company and the type of discount you agree upon.

They should provide non-production environments that are in development with cheaper non-resalable licenses or even free licenses along with the production — that would be good.

We also evaluated Duo and YubiKey.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of seven.

If you're a large business in need of a large agreement, try and get a discount. Also, be sure to ask for a complimentary non-production license when you're buying production licenses; they're available for a cheaper rate compared to non-production licenses.

More RSA SecurID Access reviews from users
...who compared it with Duo Security
Find out what your peers are saying about RSA, Ping Identity, Fortinet and others in Authentication Systems. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.