Rubrik Go Review

Has good VM features and good stability

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is for our data and software platforms.

What is most valuable?

In terms of Rubrik Go's most valuable features, their VM features are good.

What needs improvement?

If you're going for Rubrik, you are not opting for the tape library because Rubrik doesn't have the fiber cable connected to the tape library. But if a customer is looking for backups on the tape library, it should all work because in between there is a third-party user indicator. If Rubrik had provided such features, like how Nutanix does, it would be better since there is a dependency on the physical software. So, all this comes into the picture again and we need to have a separate tape library to configure it. If you are not opting for the tape, then it makes a good solution. Because with Rubrik, you can either keep the data on disc or you can simply put it on the cloud. It's up to us.

The implementation took a long time for me because they have some concerns getting the requirements and procuring the other things, such as the licensing and the tape libraries. So, that took a long time for me to get done. But implementation is straightforward with Rubrik. But that sort of thing takes time for production.

It has good features. With the integration with the cloud, you can save the backups but, that is really why I need to get the backups on that. I need to test the linework. That is the reason I didn't switch over completely to Rubrik. Still, my backups are on it.

I have been using Rubrik Go for eight months.

In terms of stability, the product is good.

I don't have any issues with scalability. There are not many users in my company using it, mostly just me.

Currently, I am using Veritas. I didn't switch. I just checked Rubrik as of now because I needed to know the ins-and-outs of how it works and what other features it has and what it supports.

It has these things, but I still haven't really switched, so I couldn't comment on that because I was just searching the blogs. A few of them are saying that they have third-party integration. If there are any issues we need to open a case with the staff because Rubrik is not a consultant with that.

The initial support was good but had some limitations. The thing with this particular product is that there is a dependency on the support team - for example, for data and what is needed for backup. It can publish from your end and if you know anything, you can certainly jump into that console and publish that from your end. But when it comes to the Rubrik, you can't do anything except Black Box because the support team needs to incur some credentials from their end and then they'll start troubleshooting these things. Beforehand, we can't do anything on that. So, there is a dependency there.

It did not take very much time. But configuring the tape library on the Rubrik took a long time for me to configure online because it has the third-party indicators. So, because of that, it took a long time for me.

We did the installation through our own team in our company.

Rubrik's licensing is on a yearly basis. It depends on how much storage you are utilizing online. Sometimes if we go over the VM basis, it will cost us more, so we go on a capacity basis. So, it depends on how much storage you are procuring and backing up. We got the license for the storage.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of 1 - 10, I'd give Rubrik Go an 8.

More Rubrik Go reviews from users
...who compared it with Veritas SaaS Backup
Find out what your peers are saying about Rubrik, Clumio, Metallic and others in SaaS Backup. Updated: June 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.