Rubrik Go Review

Easy to use, good technical support, and everything is contained in a single box

What is our primary use case?

We use Rubrik Go for backing up virtual machines. It is a hyper-converged backup appliance that we are testing and expect to put into production. It is currently running on our test platforms.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it is a hyper-converged backup appliance with everything in one box.

It has an easy-to-use interface that is not complicated.

What needs improvement?

There should be an option to generate reports in PDF format, rather than only in Excel, or CSV format.

Being a modern backup solution, Rubrik should have an option to back up a Kubernetes cluster. Other solutions support this, yet I have not even seen it on their roadmap. It is the next big thing that is happening in the market, so it needs to be supported.

We have been using Rubrik Go for the past two months.

We have had no problems with stability. So far, so good.

We wanted to try the appliance so we bought a smaller plan and have not tried to scale. We wanted to test the performance. After some more testing, we will put it into production.

We have contacted technical support a couple of times and they are good. They are very responsive. Technically, they are very sound.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

I was doing a comparison with one of my colleagues who was setting up a different backup appliance. It took my colleague about two weeks to complete the installation because of the complexity, whereas it took me about two hours before I could start performing backups.

During the implementation, we had a Rubrik consultant on-site for two days and we were able to complete everything except for the database backup.

This is a very costly solution.

What other advice do I have?

More Rubrik Go reviews from users
...who compared it with Veritas SaaS Backup
Find out what your peers are saying about Rubrik, Clumio, Metallic and others in SaaS Backup. Updated: June 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.