Rubrik Review

​Features include: Global (Google Like) Search, Instant Mount, Replication and Cloud Archive.

What is most valuable?

Global (Google Like) Search - This allows us to instantly search for servers and files whether they are hosted on the local Rubrik appliance, replicated to another Rubrik appliance or in the long-term storage tier.

Instant Mount - This provides us with the ability to perform instant restores within seconds and whats best is it can be scripted. Restores enable fast invocation of DR, DR testing and Test/Dev.

Replication - Replicate to another brik to enable DRaaS. This is excellent for our customers as it removes the need for a secondary DR data centre and all the associated costs such as hardware, connectivity, management and licensing.

Cloud Archive (Cloudian, S3, NFS) - This long-term storage tier ensures unlimited data retention can be achieved without the need for tape. This scale-out architecture keeps costs low and allows geographical separate for DR/compliance.

How has it helped my organization?

Speed of deployment - Setup takes 30 minutes then configuration is performed through a simple UI.

Automation - Create Local SLA domains and automate ongoing protection.

Cost reduction - Automation, scale-out architecture, central monitoring and BaaS/DRaaS in one solution all help to reduce TCO.

What needs improvement?

Since my last report we now have physical support for Linux and Windows. Hyper-V is coming very soon. We are confident by the end of 2017 that Rubrik won't have any gaps in their support matrix compared to their competition.

Over 1 year. The solution is already excellent and is improving rapidly. Rubrik are eating up the competitors customer base.

No. Its easy and quick.

No. Reliability is very good with Rubrik mainly due to the serious investment in the core technology.

No. Add a brik and scale indefinitely. Scale-out to the cloud provides no fork lift upgrades and unlimited data retention.

10/10. Never seen support like it.

The best of the best. Rubrik's investment in quality staff really shows.

Asigra. Old tech, dated code, poor with virtual environments. Zerto, great product for DR but only works on virtual and you can't keep history (journal) for long.

Easy. Plug and play.

We are a 100% Rubrik centric partner. We provide BaaS and DRaaS for enterprises worldwide with Capex and Opex budgets.

It converges backup and DR into one product so is good value for money. If you need to pay for this on a monthly model then this is achievable through Assured Data Protection.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: RUBRIK MSP - Operating through channel and direct
4 Comments
author avatarOrlee Gillis

How would increased physical support impact your satisfaction/benefit from the solution?

author avatarChris Childerhose
TOP REVIEWERELITE SQUADReal User

Great review. We are evaluating moving to Rubrik as well for our Backup & DR strategy including Cloud Integration. Can't wait to get my hands on it. :)

author avatarDirector and Co-Founder at a tech services company with 51-200 employees

Physical support for Linux is already there. Windows is coming shortly. As I said Rubrik's speed of development is excellent.

author avatarChris Childerhose
TOP REVIEWERELITE SQUADReal User

I think those that still have physical servers would appreciate the support by the devices which is coming. Take for example our environment we have on-premise Exchange still and that environment is physical server no virtualization. So currently we use Symantec BUE but once Rubrik implements this I can see the move over.