Rubrik Review

Fast recovery is managed by attaching a disk where the backup is located.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this product is fast recovery from the backup. Fast recovery is managed by attaching a disk where the backup is located. It's immediately available to the customer who doesn't need to wait for the system to recover the BKP from an archive.

How has it helped my organization?

The traditional backup solutions didn't allow us to give a prompt answer to customers who needed recovery. Plus, there were too many human resources involved for management.

What needs improvement?

Some of the areas that need improvement are the user GUI (multi-tenancy) and the promised Rubrik Edge solution, which will allow customers to back up their physical devices in our cloud. About the GUI, the interface for our customers is not available at the moment in a multi-tenant environment.

I have used this solution for around ten months.

We encountered an anomaly in freeing up space after archiving but the resolution from support has been satisfactory and fast.

We have not encountered any scalability issues. This is the best scalable backup device that we found in the market.

The level of technical support is very high in terms of the availability, skills and low time to solve issues.

Previously, we have used Commvault. It was a nice solution and also effective in deduplication. However, the license renewal costs were similar to 1 box of Rubrik.

We have also used Acronis, but it's not an enterprise-class product and the several issues that we encountered have not been solved by their support. We still use it because of the customer interface and BaaS.

It's been fast. It took about one hour and was installed for free by a Rubrik field engineer. It is important to note that they have no offices in Italy, so they came from Netherlands for installation.

Licensing is included in the HW. Pricing is adequate for CSP; however, it might be a bit too high for small companies.

We evaluated other traditional SW products; more or less, we looked at all of them.

What other advice do I have?

If a fast recovery and scalability are critical points, then this is the best choice.

It is important to note that it's an HW solution, so all the CPU, RAM and other resources are completely dedicated to backup.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We became partner a few months ago.
1 Comment
Nathan MonkReal UserTOP 5POPULAR

The Edge solution has been rolled out and very effective. This is a virtual appliance that will take local snapshots to whatever storage you are currently using, or decide to stand up, Then, you can decide if you want to replicate those snapshots to a hub that has a physical "Brik" or use the archival functionality to push out to a cloud storage or other archival type.
Thank you for the review.

05 May 17