Rubrik Review

It brought all of our backups under a single pane of glass and made recovery extremely simple

What is our primary use case?

We use it for backup and recovery of VMware servers, physical Windows servers, SQL Databases, and Microsoft Exchange.

How has it helped my organization?

Our previous backup solution was slow, unreliable, and difficult to manage. Rubrik has brought all of our backups under a single pane of glass and made recovery extremely simple.

What is most valuable?

Instant Recovery of VMs: We had a case where a SQL server had been rendered unusable. Rubrik had us back up and running in seconds.

What needs improvement?

It is not Windows Cluster-Aware at the moment or Exchange DAG-Aware. If they add support for these particular use cases, it would be even better.

Less than one year.

In the event of any issues or questions, the support is top-notch. We rarely need to use support, but when they are needed, they are always quick to respond and very knowledgeable.

We used Backup Exec and Veeam. We made the switch as we found Backup Exec was slow, unreliable, and difficult to manage. Having two solutions was also not ideal, and Rubrik met our needs perfectly.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

Rubrik is at the pricier end of the market, but the setup and implementation are so simple that it just works.

We looked at Veeam with ExaGrid and Arcserve.