Rubrik Review

The archive functon allows for data archival on the cloud or through NFS Share

What is our primary use case?

We use it to backup our virtual machines, specifically file-based backup and backup of our SQL Database. We also use it to archive data on NFS Share and the cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

We are now able to perform fast backups and very quick restores. Now we have a tool to restore a virtual machine with Windows Server 2012 R2 from about 1 TB in around 2 minutes up to login.

What is most valuable?

The Archive function, which allows you to archive data on the cloud or NFS Share. This allows us to use cheap space in the cloud to archive long-term data, and for short-term data we can use NFS Share.

What needs improvement?

I think the product is perfect as it is. It does exactly what it is supposed to, backup and restore.

One additional feature that would be nice in one of the next releases would be the integration of MySQL/MariaDB.

Less than one year.

No, if you need more space you can simply add a node.

Very good support who helps with each question. Very fast response time.

Yes, we used VMProtect but had problems with large Debian virtual machines under VMware. Sometimes the virtual machine got stuck with CPU at 100% after removing the snapshot.
This solution has much better backup and restore times.

Straightforward

Implemented through a in-house team.

One hour for critical virtual machines.

The product is not cheap, but you get really good value for your money. Setup costs are cheap because the product is easy to setup.

Yes we tried Veeam, but we had the same problem with large Debian virtual machines. The performance was not really better.

What other advice do I have?

Everyone who needs fast backup and quick restore should try it.