Rubrik Review

Backup time and infrastructure complexity are drastically reduced. The disk mount feature allows for immediate restore.

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for IaaS customer environment backup in cloud and for internal purposes. We're planning on offering a GUI to the customers so that they'll be able to restore by themselves.

How has it helped my organization?

• Time dedicated to backup was drastically reduced.
  • Reduced infrastructure complexity, and easy and fast to restore.

What is most valuable?

• Disk mount that lets a restore happen immediately, no need to re-hydrate.
  • A reduced infrastructure complexity and fast to rack and go.

What needs improvement?

• Integration with video CD (coming in the next release) and a multi-tenant GUI.
  • Availability in a NFR format of virtual appliances to test them in public cloud environment.

No issues, integration between hardware and software makes it very stable.

Not at all, it's built to be scalable.

Any of the few customer issues were promptly solved by the support. We had internal training through videos offered on their site.

We used Commvault and Acronis and we switched, the first because of complexity, the second because of unreliability.

Very simple and assisted by their engineers on site.

We bought it directly from Rubrik, whose support is praiseworthy.

Since it was fast to rack and go, ROI is highly positive, and customer response was great.

Setup is immediate but pricing is not cheap. The best solution for a small company is to join a provider to backup in the cloud and/or locally with Rubrik Air (BaaS).

We looked at VEEAM (but was based only on a software solution) and Cohesity (similar but less performant).

What other advice do I have?

I'm completely enthusiastic about the product, and I advise it to everyone who needs a fast and easy solution.