Rubrik Review

It has greatly simplified our backup process

What is our primary use case?

We use Rubrik for daily VM snapshots at local sites, but it is also used for replication in our DR sites because Rubrik has the ability to run a VM on its hardware in case of a failure.

How has it helped my organization?

It has greatly simplified our backup process. We create SLAs inside Rubrik, and it does the rest. For most VMs, there is not a Client to be installed.

We also like the DR features that Rubrik has. E.g., if our main storage goes down, we can temporarily mount VMs on Rubrik.

What is most valuable?

The user interface (UI) is great. It is very lightweight and intuitive.

The Auto-Snapshot SLA feature and recovery time are amazing. It took seven seconds to have a server back up and running in production from a total failure.

What needs improvement?

There are so many things Rubrik has done right. They need to continue to listen to their customers and what they want/need, not just care about money and the bottom line. If they do, they will continue to grow and be a great product.

Less than one year.

No stability issues.

No scalability issues.

We have had training sessions. We used customer support once, and they resolved the issue immediately.

We previously used EMC Avamar. The reason that we switched was cost, maintenance, and customer support.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

We have installed three Rubrik devices so far. The setup took only two to three hours at each site. We were immediately able to start backing up after the initial setup.

We used Rubrik for the implementation. They let us know what the requirements were for their product to be successfully installed and implemented. We filled out a worksheet with all the configuration settings. The tech came onsite, and it was done in two to three hours.

To be determined.

The cost was less than our previous provider, and this is a much better product.

We looked into EMC's newest product, Veeam, and Cohesity.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for a product that offers backups and DR capabilities, which is easy to use, look no further than Rubrik. I am very satisfied.