Rubrik Review

This solution can serve as a secondary host for emergency recoveries

What is our primary use case?

• Daily backups at different intervals
  • Audits
  • Live mounting of production servers
  • DR

We are a 90 percent VM environment. We have a different OS environment, as well as databases.

How has it helped my organization?

The product is simply easy to use, efficient, and its out-of-the-box configuration just works. The SLA policy set makes it easy to manage and forget about time conflicting backup schedules. We have had a few recoveries, and this solution worked very well.

What is most valuable?

The live mounting and compatibility of different operating systems is great. Rubrik can also serve as a secondary host for emergency recoveries. It is fast and efficient.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have a built-in index searching ability of files/system files within the Rubrik interface to determine if a file or item exists, rather than just recovering it, and then doing a search for the file afterwards.

No issues.

No issues.

Support is very friendly, easy to work with, and showed great expertise in the product.

We used Avamar, and it was complicated.

The initial setup is straightforward. We were up and running within an hour.

We had the vendor team onsite, and it was super fast to set up.

As little downtime as possible.

The product is not cheap, but for good reason. It simply works and is very fast.

We thought about Veeam.

What other advice do I have?

Give it a try and find out for yourself if it is for your environment.