Ruckus Wireless Review

Reliable, easy to set up, and the quality of technical support is good

What is our primary use case?

I am an independent contractor and I work to set up and maintain wireless network systems. Ruckus Wireless is one of the solutions that I rely on.

I am working with a small school that has a Ruckus wireless system in place to provide service for mobile devices. In that site, we have the main controller and six or seven access points.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for me is reliability. It works.

What needs improvement?

I have had trouble with signal strength and coverage in the school setting, which is in part due to the construction. I have an access point in the hallway and in every classroom.

Having support available that is more compatible with time zones in the United States would be helpful.

I have been using Ruckus wireless for about five years.

I haven't had any issues with the stability of the signal. It either makes the connection or it doesn't.

It is sometimes difficult to reach technical support when you need it. For example, recently I was able to get through to somebody rather quickly when I had to repair a wireless system that had gone down. At other times, it will be five or six hours before somebody returns my call. This can be a problem when I am already at a client site because I can't sit there and charge the client while I was for Ruckus to call me back. However, I have also had the same experience with Cisco.

Quality-wise, the person that I recently dealt with in regards to an RMA was outstanding.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. Getting improved coverage is often just a matter of moving the devices around.

The school is at a point where they either have to expand their Ruckus system or instead replace it entirely with one from Cisco. However, given the money that they've got invested in Ruckess equipment, I don't know that replacing it is a prudent choice.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, I think that Ruckus is a good product. I'm a fan and I recommend them.

More Ruckus Wireless reviews from users