Ruckus Wireless Review

Easy to use and manage with pretty good scalability

What is our primary use case?

Generally, customers look for wireless connectivity for their users and guests systems as well. Most of the customer feel comfortable with Ruckus due to the fact that they have SMS based authentication features and an OPB based authentication within the hardware.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very easy to use and manage.

The solution is quite flexible, which is a great selling point for our clients.

They are competitive if you compare their capabilities with Cisco and other competitors.

They have all the features in terms of wireless technology. They have most of the features already there in the controller and their wireless system.

What needs improvement?

The pricing needs to be more competitive. They need to re-examine their business model and see if there is a way to provide their service at a cheaper cost.

I've been using the solution for at least four or five years at this point. It's been a while.

In terms of the hardware, the stability could improve a bit. However, in terms of configuration and reconfiguration, it is quite stable.

The solution can easily scale and expand. If a company needs to make it larger, they can do so quite easily.

We're pretty technical, so we can assist our clients. However, when we or others need to reach out to technical support, it's remote via telephone. We're pretty satisfied with their service. I'd rate them nine out of ten overall. It's pretty good.

We use different products. Occasionally, a client may want to use Cisco. I'm not, however, too familiar with Aruba. Whatever we use depends on customer requirements and not our personal preference. I find Cisco to be a bit costlier. That said, it has lots of features on offer.

The difficulty or ease of set up depends largely on a client's environment and infrastructure.

It takes, at maximum, one day to deploy. You can get it up and running pretty quickly. If the network is there, I can configure any IP from anywhere.

Their pricing is quite high. It can be higher than Cisco. It all depends on the features a client needs.

What other advice do I have?

We're Ruckus partners.

We use a variety of different versions of the solution. We also can deploy the solution both on the cloud or on-premises, depending on what our clients require.

I personally deal more on the side of project management, although I do occasionally also do technical evaluations.

This solution works best for SMBs. Most of our clients are medium-sized organizations, typically in the university and education sector. We also handle some big nightclubs.

On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate it at a nine. We definitely haven't had any issues with it.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Prices are one of the selection criteria as of now, Prices should be match with other competitors
More Ruckus Wireless reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN
Learn what your peers think about Ruckus Wireless. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.