Ruckus Wireless Review

Easy to set up, simple to use, and the Unleashed software is helpful

What is our primary use case?

We originally installed Ruckus for our public Wi-Fi, but we are now using it for our internal network. We had used it in the public Wi-Fi for at least three or four years before implementing it for our network, which was about three months ago.

Right now, we are using it for online connections and applications like Zoom and Google Meet.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is simplicity.

I really like Ruckus Unleashed, which is the feature that provides a quick solution for me to control the APs.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more reports for the Unleashed feature, as my bosses require these and it would be best if I could include more.

There are times when I have trouble connecting and I would like to view the logs, but when I shut down Ruckus, the logs are deleted. Once the AP comes back up, the information will be gone. I would like the option to not have my logs deleted when I shut down the device so that I will be able to troubleshoot.

We have been using Ruckus Wireless for at least three or four years.

So far, so good. I haven't had any challenges. It is being used by my directors and I have asked them to give me feedback. So far, I'm not getting any complaints.

For the smaller network, which is just the company directors, we have about 20 who are on the network. The public Wi-Fi has a very large number of users.

I am planning to increase the number of APs once the directors have assessed it. I expect to buy more access points for other areas, such as marketing, where I want to put high-density and high-capacity APs.

Because of the simplicity and the connection, I have never had to contact technical support. I have been able to do everything on my own.

It was easy for me to set up.

I completed the installation and setup on my own.

The setup that I have at the moment does not require licensing, although I am not sure whether a bigger project will mean that I have to spend more.

With respect to our internal network, we are still using one as a control and testing the system to see if it's going to give us the solution we want.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I can recommend to others.

R320
More Ruckus Wireless reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN
Learn what your peers think about Ruckus Wireless. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.