Ruckus Wireless Review

A stable and scalable solution that lets you visualize the network, manage it through a cell phone, and check the quality of a signal

What is our primary use case?

Ruckus Wireless was deployed almost four or five years ago for our Wi-Fi network, but we were not using it for our highest metric. We recently started using it for our internal network. We are using Ruckus Wireless for the metric that is connecting the top management to the internet.

What is most valuable?

I can manage the network through a cell phone, which is a plus from my side. I am also able to visualize the network. I can also check the quality of the signal for different clients that are currently connected and see whether the quality is excellent, moderate, or poor. Sometimes, I can even adjust the signal strength.

What needs improvement?

They could add more flexibility for switching over to another radio if a radio is poor. I am not able to change the radios from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz. I am yet to figure it out. I want it to be a bit more explicit or a bit easier to change radios.

When you shut it down, you lose some of the information. It would be good to have a controller where I can store the information, and later on, I can retrieve the information. There should be some form of small storage to keep the information.

Its price should also be improved. Its price is currently quite high.

Based on the experience so far, it is stable. I'm judging based on the experience of the people who are using it. I am using it for the top management, and I have also put an order for more APs.

It is scalable. You can connect the APs through a mesh without using cables, which makes it easy to scale out.

I haven't contacted them yet because I can handle the challenges. If I get something that is beyond what I can handle, I will get in touch.

It was okay. I didn't need any training for the setup. You simply go through the manual. I saw a video just once and then installed it.

I did it on my own.

It is a good product, but it is pricey. In terms of the pricing, it is a bit expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution, but they should reduce the price.

I would rate Ruckus Wireless an eight out of ten.

More Ruckus Wireless reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN
Learn what your peers think about Ruckus Wireless. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.