Ruckus Wireless Review

Good bandwidth and coverage, but the pricing is high

How has it helped my organization?

We are primarily using the solution as a third party. Our clients use it.

What is most valuable?

It's good for low-level usage.

The coverage is pretty good so far. The bandwidth is also good for the most part.

What needs improvement?

It's not providing the bandwidth as per its particular description. In my view, in one moment, it reduced one-fourth.

The controller needs improvement. Sometimes when we are doing certain operations we have trouble. It's something that needs to be looked at. We looked at APM controllers and we find them to be more difficult.

The initial setup is complex.

We have a variety of clients on the solution, and they are different sizes. Some are medium-sized. Others are large enterprise-level organizations.

While the technical support is good, they do charge money if you want to have access to the support itself. That said, we're mostly satisfied with the level of service we are provided. It's not a bad service on offer.

I do currently use Infinit Wireless Quanta products. I'm also familiar with Ubiquiti Wireless solutions.

The initial setup is not straightforward. It's pretty complex. We found it to be a bit challenging.

The deployment itself takes about two to three hours.

You do need to pay extra for technical support services if you would like to have access to them.

When we first offer Ruckus Wireless to our clients, they ask the price and are a bit shocked. They asked why we chose this when there are other lower options on the market. It's a hard sell sometimes due to the price tag. It's something they need to work on so that they align better with the market and get more competitive.

What other advice do I have?

We are partners. We offer this solution to our clients.

I personally am not much of a technical person, and therefore it's hard to get into specifics.

On the bandwidth and coverage, I would rate Ruckus at a nine out of ten. However, if we are looking at just pricing, I would rate it at a seven out of ten. Overall, in general, I would rate the solution as a whole at an eight out of ten. We're mostly happy with its capabilities, however, the price makes it a hard sell to clients.

510
More Ruckus Wireless reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN
Learn what your peers think about Ruckus Wireless. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.