Ruckus Wireless Review

It resulted in 100% up time on our network

What is our primary use case?

I was an executive with a managed services company specializing in high density WiFi deployments. We designed, installed, and managed wired and wireless networks primarily in student housing environments. This included apartment style housing and dormitory housing. Many of our installations were cinder block and steel constructions with known WiFi inhibitors.

How has it helped my organization?

As a tech company, we used Ruckus in our own internal system which resulted in 100% up time on our network. This ensured our Internet service was always up, allowing us to serve our customers 24/7.

What is most valuable?

Reliability. We rarely had access points fail in the field. They were rock solid, durable, and had the best signal penetration from any we tested.

What needs improvement?

The cost can be prohibitive for many as it is a high-end product in the WiFi market.

Three to five years.

We thoroughly tested every wireless access point on the market to ensure the success of our deployments. We intentionally selected Ruckus Wireless as our product of choice due to its robust capabilities, antennae array, ZoneDirector controller system, and support. While they were not the cheapest products on the market, they were ideally designed for the harsh WiFi conditions in which we needed them to function.

More Ruckus Wireless reviews from users