Ruckus Wireless Review

Central admin provides quick views, from number of clients online to signal/noise readings

What is our primary use case?

SMB is what we have been using Ruckus for. We have a few clients with multiple buildings and/or larger campuses that this works great with. We have deployed the outdoor APs as well and they are solid devices, especially in our hot summers in Texas.

How has it helped my organization?

It really is almost a set-it-and-forget-it solution. Our helpdesk guys can easily administrate it if needed, and troubleshoot with minimal training. Along with our documenting and naming schemes for APs and locations of devices, finding and correcting issues is easy, but rare.

What is most valuable?

The list of options you have is great:

• throttling guest networks
  • the controller dashboards for administration
  • on-the-fly configuring, settings, hours of use, etc.

The most valuable is the central administration. Provides quick views of activity, from the number of clients online to signal and noise readings.

What needs improvement?

The cloud controller needs work. My big issue is that all APs can't set static IPs. Also, adding customers to your dashboard is not that easy at all. I wish I could pop out some reporting from the dashboards as well.

Three to five years.

What other advice do I have?

The Unleashed is a 10 out of 10. It's a great price point to push with our smaller clients and still provides top-notch coverage and features. I am not a big fan of the hosted cloud controller, 5 for that.

More Ruckus Wireless reviews from users