Safe-T Secure Application Access Review

The architecture is open to integration and development, making the product very flexible

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for securing our emails, with the sensitive data that we're sending to our customers.

How has it helped my organization?

We have a lot of in-house applications that we must integrate with a secure email system. We are a financial institute, so we must use it to send emails to our customers securely, because these emails contain sensitive customer data.

The architecture of the product is very open to development, plug-ins and integration with in-house systems. We have been able integrate this system into our CRM and other operational systems. We didn't find that kind of flexibility in other secure email products.

We have also been able to customize the user interface so it is branded and able to "talk" our marketing language.

There is also a local Israeli vendor that helps us to improve the product, add the new features.

What is most valuable?

Flexibility.

Also, the security level is very high. After we tested it and checked all the security aspects of the product, we found that it's highly secure.

What needs improvement?

One important thing that we haven't found in this product is the ability to provide a read-only view for documents. Also, the ability for the customer to add annotations to these documents. I'm talking about the second model in this product that allows you to transfer files to customers. One of the features that we haven't found is the ability to provide read-only documents, securely, that provide the ability for the customer to add their own modifications to the document.

Three to five years.

It's very stable. We have a few hundred thousand customers and we need a very stable product. It's actually a very stable and robust platform.

We haven't found any limitation to our needs, not in the volume aspect, the number of emails or transactions, or any other issues that could be problematic with other products. We haven't found any issues like that with this product.

They are very responsive. When you create a new issue, they're responding very quickly. In some cases, they have the solution and they'll guide us on how to deal with the issue. I would rate them nine out of 10.

But, if you lack a feature or there is something that you cannot implement, they are very responsive and say, "We will develop it in the next version, or other versions." But it's not always in the timeline that is good for us, in a reasonable timeframe. They will never say, "We can't do that." As a customer, I prefer the vendor to tell me, "We cannot do that," or "We can do that in this timeframe." But that's not always happening. This is the area I would give a seven out of 10.

In Ayalon, the organization I'm working for now, we haven't used any other secure email product before this one.

It's not the simplest, but it's not so complicated. It's very dependent on how you are implementing it. Because we had much more complicated requirements for integrating to our in-house system, it may have taken longer than to take it and implement it in the most straightforward, standard way. It's not a complicated product to implement.

We looked at three products before we made the decision that Safe-T fit our needs best. Cisco and CyberArk Solutions were the others. Those were tested and we found they did not fit our needs.

We found the other two product are not so flexible for integrating. We found these products are okay for normal use, for a straightforward implementation. If I want to send secure emails to my customers, and I don't want to integrate it to anything, like an email server, maybe we would have chosen another solution. But the IT environment in financial institutes, it's much more complicated because we have a lot of applications in the environment that are not the standard. So Safe-T was very flexible in the way we could use and integrate it with our system.

What other advice do I have?

I would say to other customers: Check your requirements and your expectations from a secure email product. Are you going to implement it in a straightforward way or do you have the need to integrate it into your system?

If you do not have the need to integrate it into an operational application, you may have many other products to choose from. But if you want a very flexible system that you can easily integrate, and develop interfaces for it or plug-ins to other application environments, it's probably the most flexible.

I rate it a nine out of 10 overall, because it's easy to use and integrate. You can easily integrate it and fit the system to your organization's needs. That's a very huge advantage. In terms of improvement, they need to be much more strict regarding the roadmap, about timelines and when new features will be up in production. That's a very important thing from the customer's point of view. I don't know what is happening today, because we chose this system four years ago. So maybe they've improved in this area since then.

Learn About Safe-T's Software-Defined Perimeter Solution

Safe-T’s Software-Defined Access Suite takes SDP to the next level, revolutionizing Zero Trust network design. Download this eBook to find out how Safe-T helps you keep your data in the right hands.