Safe-T Software-Defined Access Review

They offer competitive pricing to similar products in the market, but do not offer 24/7 support

How has it helped my organization?

Safe-T SDA has allow my organization to secure my office applications. It makes it harder for hackers to be able to hack into my internal office web applications.

For Safe-T SDE, it has allow my organization to be able to store large files, which have confidential data inside securely. This gives me the peace of mind that my confidential data will not be easily stolen by any unauthorized access.

What is most valuable?

For Safe-T SDA, the feature of two factor authentication using SMS OTP to access the internal applications is the most valuable. This is because if anyone steals my user ID and static password, they still cannot access my internal applications because they would require the OTP which is sent to my mobile phone.

For Safe-T SDE, the feature of being able to store files larger than 15GB and storing them encrypted is valuable to me. In this way, I have a much cheaper alternative to Google Drive and Dropbox. As Dropbox is now only offering 2GB free and Google Drive is only offering 15GB free. Dropbox and Google Drive do not offer encryption of files at an economical price.

What needs improvement?

For Safe-T SDA, one area of improvement would be the way the license is done. Whenever any of the IP addresses of the Safe-T SDA is changed, a new license request needs to be created and a new license needs to be imported. Another area of improvement would be the administration management. Safe-T needs to consider using a single URL to configure the different Safe-T SDA units which are deployed in the organization.

For Safe-T SDE, the web user interface currently does not support the configurations of every feature. It does not support the configuration of the web server in the Safe-T SDE. Another area of improvement for Safe-T SDE is the creation of new connectors. The UI and the procedure in creating a new connector is pretty tedious. This procedure is not well documented.

For Safe-T SDA, there are no stability issues.

For Safe-T SDE, there are occasional issues with stability. There is also stability issue in the SmarTransfer client in Safe-T SDE.

For Safe-T SDA, there are no issues in scalability.

For Safe-T SDE, there is a slight issue with the scalability, as it does not easily support data replication and does not support more than 5,000 users in a single Safe-T SDE instance.

Currently, they are not able to offer 24/7 support as the support covers only office hours in the Israel time zone. They operate only between Sunday to Thursday.

I did not use a different solution before.

The initial setup for the Safe-T SDA is easy and straightforward. Installing the Safe-T SDA can easily take less than 15 minutes. You just need to configure the IP address, generate the license request, import the license from Safe-T, then add in the required rules. It is that easy.

Setting up Safe-T SDE is very complex. It is not straightforward, and it requires much understanding on the concepts of the product. For the Safe-T SDE, you will need to understand the different accessibility combinations of users, access rights, and the folders access. There are many combinations, many policies, many rules, and many access rights to understand before you start to set up.

The pricing is reasonable. They can be competitive to similar products in the market.

What other advice do I have?

They need to know their requirements clearly. They need to be familiar with their architecture of the current network.

Download Safe-T's SDP eBook to Learn More