Safe-T Software-Defined Access Review

Enables us to deliver sensitive data securely via email, while maintaining our regulations

What is our primary use case?

I'm using it for sending encrypted and large mail from our Outlook instances.

How has it helped my organization?

We need to deliver some very sensitive data to some of our colleagues in another organization. This product allows us to actually send it straight from our email to the other person's email in a safe way, where we can meet all our regulations and still keep the data in our control.

What is most valuable?

Using it for sending safe emails. Actually, what it does, it does not send the email itself, there's a link to a website where we actually host the data on our side.

What needs improvement?

Better UI. A better UI for the people that manage all the processes of Safe-T. Some of the UI is not as intuitive as you would like it to be.

Sometimes, when you configure the process that you want to work with, it's more complicated than you would want, and you need support to do it. You actually get a bit confused as to how to configure what you want and you need the support. As a manager, I would my people to be able to configure it themselves, and not need the support of the company, of Safe-T.

No, crashes, no lags. It's stable.

Until now, no, there hasn't been any problem with scalability, there haven't been any issues of people waiting. I can't say that we have actually had any problem with the scalability.

We haven't used it, yet, for a large number of people.

We have used tech support more than once. I would rate them an eight out of 10.

We used the kind of solution that was inside our mail gateway, that allowed to send secure email. But it didn't have all the features that Safe-T has. So we switched to it because it's a stand-alone product, it has a lot of other little things that our product didn't have, and it's much easier to manage.

It was complex. You cannot install it by yourself, you must have the company install it for you.

And they did, of course. They worked here for a few days. For that kind of product, a few days is a lot of time.

We did evaluate other options. We did have other options but we did not do a PoC of the other products, so I cannot compare them. The decision was made, mostly, based on the price.

I think it brings value for the price. But you should ask again, about two years from now, when our contract will end, or in the three years' time, and then I'll be more informed, but right now it seems worth it.

What other advice do I have?

I would say that the best advice is to be clear what you expect from the product. The product has lots of processes that you can use, not just sending email. We use it for other things like sending large emails. We transfer, or something like that, we use it for secure, large files. And there are other things that we weren't exactly sure how we to implement. So definitely, if I'm going to a new product, I would be thinking more about what the processes are; exactly how you want the process to work.

I rate it about an 8 out of 10. If you want to bring it to a 10, I think you have to deal with the things that I mentioned above, the UI and the intuitiveness of the system. It's supposed to be built like Lego bricks, you put one brick on the other and go left, right, up, down, whatever you want, but sometimes it's not clear how to do that. I think that's the issue to manage.

Download Safe-T's SDP eBook to Learn More