Safe-T Software-Defined Access Review

Improved the security of our customers' confidential data

How has it helped my organization?

It's improved the security for our customers, because we are sending a lot of customers a bill with financial data and ID, things that are confidential. So, the security of our customer data, this is really an improvement. Also, because we are under regulations, we are committed to do this.

What is most valuable?

We have two features that we use. One is the Outlook add-on, where we're sending emails from Outlook to external users. Every employee has this add-on in his Outlook email account.

And the other, if there is a machine that sends emails automatically to the customer, this is also a feature from Safe-T that we use.

What needs improvement?

A lot of the improvements I have wanted, I already notified them about them. And there are really improving it. They really consider my suggestions and improve that feature.

I don't think there is something critical that is problematic, that they have to improve.

When we have something that we want improved, it takes a little bit of time until it can be fixed. It's not right away. It takes time to improve an issue.

Three to five years.

It's really stable. We built a test server, and we did all the tests there. And then we did a pilot with a number of people, so we didn't go into production with everyone at once. We do it, monitor it. If there's bugs and fixes, they are applied for us.

We didn't rush into production, we did a little, bit by bit. We didn't apply it to every employee of our company. And if there are bugs we tell them, and they will fix them. Then we add others and then we upgrade or we install that feature to all our employees.

I would rate tech support as a nine out of 10.

We didn't use another product before. We did a lot of research about which we should use, about three or four years ago. I didn't do the check, it was someone else who did the check.

It was a little bit complex at the beginning, because this is a new feature, and because we had a lot of customization that we wanted, especially for our company. And they really managed all this customization that we wanted.

If you want something particular or something improved or maybe to change something, you can change a lot of things in the Safe-T software. I don't think we got an answer from Safe-T that said, "We can't do it," or "We won't to do it." Every request we made, they said, "Okay we can, it will take a while to develop it." But at the end of the day it's really good and really improved.

This is the only option we use. We didn't have another product other than Safe-T. Maybe there are a lot of companies, but I didn't really know them. We are already satisfied by this product. If we weren't satisfied, we would think about another product, but we don't.

What other advice do I have?

Create a big test environment, because there is a lot of customization and things that you need to do to Safe-T. We needed to do a lot of customization. Of course, the customization that we did in our company, it's not the same as what you will need for your company. There are a lot of PoCs that you need to do. But Safe-T, it really has the features, changes that can be made. Do a big and long PoC on that, and if you see that it's a really good product and you really enjoy the product, then buy it and use it.

Download Safe-T's SDP eBook to Learn More