Sage Business Cloud Enterprise Management Review

A stable, scalable, and inexpensive solution with workflows, notifications, and fast support

What is our primary use case?

We use it for accounting and procurement. The accounting part covers the full accounting solution such as accounts receivable, general ledger, and so forth. We are using Sage X3 version 11.

What is most valuable?

The accounting part and the procurement part are most valuable. It is a very good system with workflows and notifications.

What needs improvement?

Sage X3 is just an accounting system. As compared to Oracle E-Business Suite, it does not cover a lot of functionality. It doesn't have the payroll, lease management, and HR modules. Oracle E-Business Suite is better than Sage X3.

I have been using this solution for a couple of years.

At first, it was not stable, but for the past year, it seems to be stable.

It is scalable. We have around 50 users.

It doesn't have too many problems. When it is up, it is fine and seems to be stable. The technical support that we need is related to new users and creating profiles for new users. Their support is fast.

Its implementation process is kind of complicated. If the person implementing it doesn't know what he is doing, the system can have many issues. The company that implemented the system was new to the product. It is now causing problems because of the way it is configured. Its implementation took six months.

We used a third party for the implementation of the product. They were new to the product. They did not implement it properly, and there are a lot of issues with the system because of which we always have to be there to maintain it.

We also have a budgeting solution. The payroll and HR systems are external, and they all integrate with the accounting system.

It is very cheap. There are no additional charges, but the problem is that you have to acquire an additional supporting system such as a budgeting system. You will have to implement the integration and maintain two systems. So, you need to pay for the license of that budgeting system and this one. You also need to pay the license for the payroll and integration. There are all these integrations that you have to pay for.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. I'm the administrator of the system, and I've been on the training for the system. It is a good system, and it seems to cover a lot of functionalities. However, to have a complete ERP system, you have to buy additional systems.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.

More Sage Business Cloud Enterprise Management reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle E-Business Suite
Find out what your peers are saying about Sage, Microsoft, Oracle and others in ERP. Updated: September 2021.
534,768 professionals have used our research since 2012.