Sage Intacct Review

Covers a vast range of capabilities and has good integration between the different components of products

What is our primary use case?

We use it as backups for accounting software, for salary schedules, and to determine EMP that we pay over to individuals. From the accounting side, it helps to determine VAT calculations and income tax. That was the main competencies that were required from that side.

What is most valuable?

We also use some of the other Sage solutions and for the most part, everything was integrated in the manner that I found beneficial. The accounting sector we had from 2012 to 2017, all of them were functional and work together. Also from the cloud perspective, everything was functional from that side. The integration between the different components was something that I was also impressed with from that side.

What needs improvement?

The mobile integration was still lacking on that front. Now, most of those components have been integrated, so that's one thing that has already been implemented that I've seen that made a big difference.

Furthermore, there are not too many specific things that I can think of that I would require changes for us, because we're also in talks for certain additional features and integrating human performance elements into the systems that we use. Everything seems to be running smoothly at the moment. There's nothing specific that I feel needs to be addressed.

There were only a few times where we experienced glitches, but for the most part, it was infrequent enough that it wasn't an issue with the work environment. In our setup, everything was very time reliant. The processes needed to be completed by a certain date in order for us to be in compliance with the systems that were in place. There was no specific case that I can remember where the system, itself, had too many bugs that it did not allow us to do our jobs. There was nothing detrimental from that aspect.

We work with a lot of SMEs, so I'm not sure if our scalability it is, in terms of the thousands of employees and organization, but from my experience, the scalability was a stretch in magnitude that I felt that it was always that's not a problem.

From my experience it was scalable and it was satisfactory.

We contacted technical support very infrequently. There was only one time that we had to contact technical support. That was because there was a payment issue. We made the payment but it was allocated to the wrong location. That was more of an accounting error that occurred instead of a technical issue. Even though we needed to contact technical, it wasn't a technical issue.

That was the only time I certainly had to contact the technical perspective. They didn't really need to contact technical. They were good. We got in contact with them. They were very proficient, so we didn't have any problems in that regard.

The most difficult component was not the setup, but the training associated with the product. That took more time then the setup, from a technical perspective. It was not exorbitant, it was done within a reasonable amount of time. I didn't feel that it was too difficult to get up and running.

At my previous firm, we were an accounting firm, the people were involved with the software for extremely long periods of time. We had people with technical proficiency that could train us. For the most part, because a lot of our clients were fairly new to assist them with some of the components and they had trouble getting up to speed. They didn't know what to do, so we initially had consultants that got us up and running.

What other advice do I have?

I would strongly recommend any entity that has a need for software that is easily implementable and that's already structured to use the services. It covers a vast range of capabilities and it is something that's implementable in an organization without too much of a technical price because they offer the services that assist them.

It's something that should be implemented for an organization. There are not too many negatives that I personally saw within implementations. I don't really have anything bad to say.

In the next release, I would like to see greater integration with the RPA software that's been created. I think that's something that can be quite interesting because it will also enable organizations to make bigger changes in certain circles. That can be interesting, but that's something for the future to consider.

I was quite happy, personally, with the software that we used. I never encountered any problems that I saw as detrimental, so I'd rate it a nine out of ten because I am personally satisfied with it.

Hybrid Cloud