What is most valuable?
The warehouse module is imperative in keeping our records up-to-date because we have multiple locations. MAS 200 makes it easy to invoice customers and provide them with quick and accurate inventory reports.
How has it helped my organization?
- Helps us send out invoices
- Keeps track of our deposits
- Gives our accountant a clear view of all five divisions of our company
What needs improvement?
- Updating incorrect information takes a specific process to correctly back out the error to fix it. Reports are not really explained well, so you have to know what you want.
- It has a great warehouse module. However, there were several times when correcting errors of things saved under the wrong date took quite an effort to correct. When we would accidentally update a batch of invoices with the wrong date, we had to be very specific in backing out the entire batch before being able to update it correctly.
- Accounting date and batch date would sometimes have to be different for us depending on our fiscal calendar months. Sometimes we tried to back up the updated batch out under the wrong date, which caused the problem to snowball.
- If the CEO asked for updates, this meant scouring the reports to try and find one that would generate what he wanted. We used many reports frequently, but there was always something strange that would come up, once in a blue moon, that we never used. It would take a few tries of running random reports to find the number he wanted. It took time to sift through and figure out what each report did.
For how long have I used the solution?
I have used the product for several years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
I did not notice any stability issues.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
The program was able to handle the growing amount of vendors and customers we experience over the years. Scalability was not an issue.
How are customer service and technical support?
I would give technical support a rating of 5/10. I did not have direct contact with them, as my manager handled this.
However, there were time lags and miscommunication. Overall, we were able to resolve issues, but sometimes it took longer than anticipated.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
We originally used MAS90 when I started in 1999. We upgraded many years later when support was discontinued for that version. The MAS200 version is still in use.
How was the initial setup?
The program was already set up by the time I was hired. Teaching me to use it was relatively easy and straightforward for invoice input purposes.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
Pricing is high, from what I was allowed to know. We had multiple employees using it. Again, I was not the supervising manager, so I’m not sure how the licensing worked.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
This product had already been selected as the company’s accounting program before I was hired.
What other advice do I have?
It can handle both A/R and A/P sides of your business and give extensive reports for whatever you might need.
Which version of this solution are you currently using?
Find out what your peers are saying about Sage, SAP, Oracle and others in ERP. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.