Sage People Review

Consolidates all HR functions into one management system. I would like to see improvement in system response time.

What is most valuable?

• Employee self-service
  • Time-off management
  • Global calendars
  • Reporting
  • Organization charts
  • HR forms management
  • Consolidation: We are a global company and our HR systems were segmented. This tool consolidates all HR functions into one management system

How has it helped my organization?

• Consolidated global HR departments
  • Streamlined communication
  • HR access for all employees

What needs improvement?

• Improvement in system response time
  • More design and configuration options
  • More efficient implementation plan

We have been using this solution for one year.

There is a mash-up of Visualforce and apex triggers which bear down heavily on the system. It makes it slow to load depending on how much you put in the user interface. The server is also in Europe, which impacts North American access times.

The system is still limited when setting up global procedures for different locations and when consolidating that into one experience for the user.

The technical support is astounding. I would give it a rating of 10/10. They are one of the best support teams I have had the pleasure to work with.

Our previous solution was extremely limited and had a low utilization rate.

The setup was complex. A lot of understanding of the system needs to happen early on or it will affect the implementation.

We had many early struggles based on our understanding of the system. Once we were over that challenge, our implementation went much more quickly.

Understand what the system can do first before you try to apply your processes to it.

Plan out licensing through implementation! Depending on your scope, you will be sitting on shelfware for some time, so plan accordingly. Negotiate the licenses hard, early, and up front, so your organization will continue to grow. It takes 48 hours to provide licenses.

We evaluated Workday, Taleo, and FinancialForce.

What other advice do I have?

Learn as much upfront as possible. Be careful working with service partners! They have their own way of setting up the system that you might not have expected while talking to Fairsail sales.