SailPoint IdentityIQ Review

Stable but implementations often fail and the setup could be simplified

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for regular connectors with LVAT connectors, Workday connectors, and Provision.

What is most valuable?

You can scale the solution if you need to.

The solution is stable and reliable.

What needs improvement?

The solution has plenty of places that need improvement and attention.

The connectors are far too manual. This needs to be automated a bit.

The provision is not very intuitive. The interface is not user-friendly at all. They could redesign a lot of its functionality to make it easier to use.

The initial setup could be simplified. It's difficult right now.

Implementations rarely go well.

I can't think of other features that I would like to see in a future release.

I've been using the solution for about ten years now. It's been a long time - a decade at this point.

The solution is reliable. It doesn't have bugs or glitches that affect its performance. It doesn't crash. It's stable.

You can scale the solution quite easily. That wouldn't be a problem for a company.

I have experience with NetIQ, and I prefer it to this solution.

The initial setup isn't really complex, but it is difficult. It could be simplified in many ways. Right now, it's not straightforward. Up to 80% of implementations do not go to plan.

We handled the implementation ourselves. We didn't use an integrator or reseller to assist us during the initial setup. It was all handled in-house.

What other advice do I have?

Our organization does not have any business relationship with the product.

I don't believe I would recommend the solution. I'd advise other organizations to use NetIQ instead. It's a better solution, in my opinion.

I'd rate the solution five out of ten overall.

80% of my job is handling a software spike. If the project has failed, then I'm the one coming in to help clients and doing it for them. I've noticed that 80% of all SailPoint implementations do not go well.

More SailPoint IdentityIQ reviews from users
...who work at a Energy/Utilities Company
...who compared it with NetIQ Identity Governance
Learn what your peers think about SailPoint IdentityIQ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.