SailPoint IdentityIQ Review

A flexible and stable solution with a lot of out-of-the-box functionalities and good value for money

What is our primary use case?

There are a lot of use cases. About 90% of our clients are using this solution for internal identity management. Only one client is using SailPoint for external customers.

About 70% or 80% of deployments are on the cloud, and about 30% or 20% of deployments are on-premise. We have two customers who have on-premise deployments.

What is most valuable?

It provides a lot of out-of-the-box functionalities. You don't have to do too much custom development like other solutions such as Microsoft or NetIQ. It also has a lot of out-of-the-box connectors for different sources, directories, databases, etc.

Its cloud version is working very well, and its pricing is okay. Its value for money is fine for most of the customers. It is also very flexible. They have frequent new releases and patches for fixing errors and things like that.

What needs improvement?

They can work on their strategy for the on-premise version. They have to decide whether and for how long they will support the on-premise version. The new features first appear in the cloud, and after that, they are released for the on-premise version. In the cloud, you have more options and flexibility, which is absolutely normal. They have to have a clear strategy regarding whether they'll support the on-premises version with the same focus. The licensing for on-premise and cloud is a little bit different. They can make it the same.

We have been using this solution for three years.

It is absolutely stable.

It is scalable. It can support tens of millions of identities. We have a total of nine clients. Eight clients use it internally. One client is using SailPoint for external customers, and it is a very large deployment. They have about a million and a half customers.

We do not offer support because support is provided by SailPoint, but we can act as the first line of support. We have around seven people who are actively doing SailPoint tasks.

Their support is very good. My colleagues, as well as our customers, have shared that the support is very good.

We had some experience with Microsoft and IBM in the past, but these solutions are not so good. They're very expensive, and Microsoft and IBM are not flexible in pricing.

We decided to go with SailPoint because, as a company, they are flexible. Their partner discounts are also good. SailPoint is a really good company. It is a new generation company like some of the other competitors and vendors.

Its installation is easy, but it depends on how many and what types of identity sources you have. If you have well-defined sources, such as active directory, LDAP directory, or some other application directories, it is very easy, but if you have only databases with identities, it could be challenging. It is not always easy to deploy identity management solutions in organizations because there are too many identity sources that have to be integrated.

The deployment duration depends on the scale, complexity, and number of sources. Typically, in enterprise organizations, it could take from six to nine months to cover the whole organization. It can even take a year. For customers with less than 20,000 or 30,000 active users, you can deploy it in less than three months.

Its price is okay. It provides good value for money.

It is subscription-based. You can go for a one-year or three-year subscription.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this product. It is a good product.

I would rate SailPoint IdentityIQ a nine out of ten.

More SailPoint IdentityIQ reviews from users
...who work at a Energy/Utilities Company
...who compared it with NetIQ Identity Governance
Learn what your peers think about SailPoint IdentityIQ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.