SailPoint IdentityIQ Review

Stable and scalable with a good concept and design, but it is too technical and needs more connectors and better pricing

What is our primary use case?

We use it to automate onboarding and offboarding processes.

What is most valuable?

The basic concept is most valuable. I like how they have designed the solution. They create an Identity Cube, and then they do all the processes and configuration around the Identity Cube.

What needs improvement?

It is too technical. You need really good technical skills in Java and other technologies, which are hard to find. If they can make it easier so that things can be done with a few clicks, it will be great.

It should also have more standard connectors. Its price should also be reduced.

I have been using this solution for more than 15 years.

It is surely stable.

It is scalable.

I have not interacted with their technical support.

Its initial setup is not straightforward. No identity management solution is straightforward.

It is a costly solution. Its cost, for sure, should be reduced.

What other advice do I have?

If you want to use a non-Microsoft application, then, for sure, go with SailPoint, but if your use cases are only using Microsoft applications, then go with Microsoft.

I would rate SailPoint IdentityIQ a seven out of 10.

More SailPoint IdentityIQ reviews from users
...who work at a Energy/Utilities Company
...who compared it with NetIQ Identity Governance
Learn what your peers think about SailPoint IdentityIQ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.