SailPoint IdentityIQ Review

A stable, scalable and simple solution for managing identity governance

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to manage the identity governance, from creating the IDs and their accesses to managing and revoking them.

What needs improvement?

An issue needing improvement is that the solution is heavily focused on one's identity, while there has been a move to providing identity as a security service. While it provides these services, the solution can still not do the identity management for the cloud. As such, the security feature can be improved.

Essentially, it manages and helps to create all the IDs and to manage the identities and accesses. What it doesn't do is provide notice in the event of a vulnerability or offense from the security. That's where tools like CyberArk or Netskope, which are more CASB tools, come into play.

I can think of no additional features needing improvement.

I do not personally deal with SailPoint IdentityIQ but, as a security consultant, discuss with the customer its purchase. I have been doing so for three years.

The solution is pretty stable and simple to use.

The solution is scalable.

I have not had experience with technical support.

The installation consists of two parts, the one for coming up with the rules, for which we go to the input, the other for providing some assistance in the creation of the rules and accesses. Once that part is done, the tooling part is pretty simple.

The installation is straightforward.

I do not recall how long it took.

What other advice do I have?

The solution can be deployed both on-cloud and on-premises?

It's pretty stable and simple to use.

I have recommended the solution to three customers who have opted for it.

I would recommend this solution to others.

From the perspective of its performance I would rate SailPoint IdentityIQ as a nine out of ten, in light of its identity governance.

More SailPoint IdentityIQ reviews from users
...who work at a Energy/Utilities Company
...who compared it with NetIQ Identity Governance
Learn what your peers think about SailPoint IdentityIQ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.