Salesforce Platform Review

Responsive with good UI, but takes a while to set up

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a support console.

How has it helped my organization?

The product has definitely helped us improve our support services.

What is most valuable?

The way the solution is able to record and update within the feeds, including internal conversations, is really helpful on a case by case basis.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

I've used Salesforce for five years within different companies. It's the first CRM I used and I have kept using it. The UI or UX is probably what I'm most familiar with. I don't think there's anything that makes me feel uncomfortable. It's easy to use.

The solution is really good if you need to have direct communication with end-users like retailers and that sort of thing.

The product is pretty responsive.

What needs improvement?

At this particular organization, we only just implemented support about six months ago. There are still aspects of the solution we are exploring and we are in the process of looking at some integrations. We're just testing its capabilities, and therefore I can't say there are any features that are missing per se.

If you have resellers or distributors, you just need to figure out a way to set up the system in the backend. Since every company is different, it takes a little bit of time to figure that out.

I've worked with the solution for five years across a few different companies.

We haven't had any issues with bugs or glitches. We haven't experienced any freezing or crashing. So far, the solution has been very stable and reliable.

We're working with a pretty basic model right now. We haven't tried to scale anything just yet, as it is still relatively new to the company. I'm not sure if we plan to increase usage in the future or not. If we do decide to scale it, we'll have to discuss how to do that with our Salesforce representative.

That said, currently, I don't see any limitations that would make me think there would be an issue with scaling if we wanted to.

I'm not sure how many of our team is actually on the solution.

I haven't had the opportunity to reach out to technical support just yet. There hasn't been a need. Therefore, I can't speak to how knowledgable or responsive they are.

We didn't previously use a different solution. This is the first implementation.

We haven't found the initial setup to be too complex. It was rather straightforward for our team.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We don't have a business relationship with Salesforce. We primarily use the solution for internal use. We don't deploy it to clients. I'm not sure of which version we are using. It's likely the latest one.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten overall. It really is a fit for all business types.

More Salesforce Platform reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Appian
Learn what your peers think about Salesforce Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2021.
464,857 professionals have used our research since 2012.