Salesforce Platform Review

Stable with good queue management and good scalability

What is our primary use case?

As a project manager, I deal with many use cases, however, for privacy reasons, I can't really discuss them in detail.

What is most valuable?

The queue management of the solution is its most valuable aspect.

The solution is quite stable.

The product offers good scalability.

What needs improvement?

We need to do a lot of configurations on the solution in order for it to be set up as we need it. It would be ideal if it didn't require so much effort to tweak everything.

The initial setup is rather complex.

We've only very recently started using the solution. It's only been about two months or so at this point. It's quite new to us.

The solution is stable. It's reliable. We haven't had issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The solution is highly scalable. A company can easily scale if they need to. It effectively expands to meet your needs. We'll likely expand the usage a bit more in the future. Right now, it's still pretty new to us.

We have about 100 users on the solution currently.

I haven't used technical support just yet. I wouldn't be able to speak to their level of service at all.

We did use a different solution. It was quite dated, which was why we needed to switch. We also needed something that would work for a global project.

We found the implementation to be pretty complex. It's not straightforward.

We had to transition from an old CMR in the backend systems we use which made the integration really, really difficult for us.

It's my understanding that the deployment took about two months, however, I wasn't completely involved in the process from beginning to end.

I'm not sure how much maintenance is required or how many staff would be needed for that task.

We ended up using a consultant for the integration, however, we handled the deployment by ourselves. We had a good experience with the consultant. They were very good.

I'm unsure as to what the actual licensing costs are. It's not an aspect of the solution I handle.

I wasn't the project manager at the time the solution was chosen, and therefore I don't know if there were other options that were considered before ultimately choosing this product.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure of which version of the solution we're using. We're using both Google and Amazon clouds, however, I'm not sure where this version actually sits and if it's on one of those.

I'm just a user. I'm not an integrator or reseller.

I'd advise those considering the solution to ensure that the integrations are strong. We probably would have had an easier time if our older solution integrated better into this one.

Overall, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. I'd rate it higher, however, we did have some challenges at the outset with the setup.

More Salesforce Platform reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Appian
Learn what your peers think about Salesforce Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2021.
464,857 professionals have used our research since 2012.