Salesforce Platform Review

Very stable, has all the features, works well, and useful for tracking activities and opportunities

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for follow-up of sales opportunities. We are using Enterprise Salesforce.

What is most valuable?

The activities, opportunities, follow-up of the opportunities, and business tracking are valuable features. It provides everything that we need. It works pretty well.

What needs improvement?

In terms of features, for our business needs, we have more than enough right now. There is nothing that we are missing or would like to add. They can maybe share some best practices so that when you are starting, you can stick to a good process, and you don't have to think so much about the process that you want or your CEO or CMO wants. The process should not be based on one person in the company. Having some best practices will make it easier to get started. These best practices can be based on what has worked for others. Its basic version is pretty simple, and the customizations are up to the companies, which can make startups like ours lose a lot of time in figuring out what all stakeholders want rather than what would work.

I have been using this solution for four years.

It is very stable and works very well.

We have scaled it, and it works pretty well. It has good scalability. We have around 50 people in our organization who use this solution.

I have not used technical support. It is very stable, and most of the issues were at the user level. Therefore, I did not need any advanced technical support for this.

It is pretty easy to set it up. The first version came out in two weeks.

What other advice do I have?

Before using this solution, you must make sure that your processes are very clear. You should know what do you want from the CRM and what outcome you are expecting. The CRM itself is very easy to use and deploy, but you can also make mistakes while going back and forth. If you don't have complete clarity of what you want from the business standpoint, you will lose valuable time in customizing the stuff that is not required. You will end up measuring stuff that you don't really care about. That's why you need to know your needs and the outcome that you're expecting.

I would rate Salesforce Platform a nine out of ten.

More Salesforce Platform reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Appian
Learn what your peers think about Salesforce Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.