Salesforce Platform Review

Easy to scale, good reporting, but they need more data quality

What is our primary use case?

I sell competitive solutions, and I am an end-user of the Salesforce Platform, which is our CRM. We use this solution to keep track of customers, prospects, and associated contacts.

What is most valuable?

The reporting capabilities are pretty user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

They should provide access to data quality tips and tricks to make it better.

I've been at my current job for five years, and I've been using it for that time. I have also used salesforce at other companies as well.

We are using the latest version, it's called Lightening.

It's a stable solution. We have not had any issues with the stability of the Salesforce Platform.

It is easy to scale. It is, of course, the original software as a service.

We have 300 users in our organization who are using this solution, who are mainly Sales and Sales Management.

I haven't used technical support. We have our own first-line support for our company. I've never had to actually reach out to Salesforce themselves.

Previously, I hadn't used any other solution. I have used Salesforce at this job and at my previous two jobs.

I was not a part of the initial setup, it was already in place and done for me.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is good.

It's only as good as the company that you are working for, who sets it up, and that monitors it and dates it. This is one of the biggest challenges with customer relationships.

Management Software such as the Salesforce Platform ensures data quality.

The tool can be great, but if you don't enter enough accurate data and keep it up to date then the CRM tool functionality cannot be leveraged.

I would advise having a data quality manager for this solution. If you're going to be using it to manage sales over time and for marketing efforts, if you don't have up-to-date complete information in there, then you don't get the value out of the solution.

I would rate Salesforce Platform a seven out of ten.

More Salesforce Platform reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Appian
Learn what your peers think about Salesforce Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.