Salesforce Sales Cloud Review
Simple, intuitive, user friendly software with certain challenges in digitizing complex business processes around CRM

Valuable Features

Chatter, Mobile Platform along with Mobile Push, Salesforce synchronization for MS Outlook, simple & smart analytic dashboard

Improvements to My Organization

User Adoption has improved a lot resulting in improvement of Data quality & ROI of Software.

Room for Improvement

Need to make complex CRM processes as Out of Box features, Address interface challenges between Salesforce and On-premise enterprise Software, Lot of dependency on affiliate software such as Service Max & Marketo

Use of Solution

7 years

Digitizing complex business process around Sales (Multiple layer of approvals), building complex dash board consolidating Sales, Marketing data (Marketing ROI), building interface between Salesforce and On-premise enterprise software.

Yes. In Data synchronization & Replication.

Yes, when we moved beyond 3000 seats, we had challenges in meeting some Performance & Scalability standards.

I would rate them 7 out of 10.

I would rate them 6 out of 10.

Yes, I used Siebel & we switched to have better user adoption and better manage the cost of ownership of CRM software.

Initial setup was easy however we faced a lot of difficulty when we tried to interface it with other enterprise applications.

Implementation Team

Our business was a mixed one i.e. combination of in-house & vendor team. Initially, we had a lot of challenges in terms of scaling up vendor team.

ROI

Unfortunately, we don't have a comprehensive way to capture ROI however we can observe both tangible & intangible benefits of using Software (Better user adoption, simplified data entry, better decision making through alerts of software, etc.)

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Setup cost was way higher than expected. We spent close to $1.5 million on setup including interfaces for 3000 seats. Our d-d cost is approx 900k.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes, we evaluated SAP CRM, Oracle On-demand and Siebel

Other Advice

I strongly recommend it for a small to mid size company.