Salesforce Sales Cloud Review

What is most valuable?

Multiple editions available and all cloud based.

Have recently began working with the new interface called Lightning and feel that its a great improvement to the "classic" version.

How has it helped my organization?

1. The entire organisation is now on the same page, with one source of truth.
  2. Forced people to become compliant in reporting and updates - if its not in Salesforce it did not happen.
  3. No more "versionitis", data, reports all in once central place.

What needs improvement?

The only time I have ever been upset with Salesforce was when I failed my certification exam. I thought to myself "Why do they make the exam so hard ? Why is the training so expensive ?" Now that I have passed I am grateful that it was a difficult exam. Other than that I support clients all over the world and Salesforce are quite stringent about sticking to regional offices.

Just over eight years

I thought I could manage on my own with the first deployment but needed an expert which we called in.

Excellent and that's the regular support not premium level. Support staff are always helpful polite and do not close a case until the customer smiles.

Excellent

We were using a combination of Google docs and contacts in Outlook. We switched because it was a mess.

We needed the help of an expert and it had just as much to do with scoping our needs as it had with configuring Salesforce to meet those needs.

We started in-house and moved quickly to a vendor whose expertise level was very good.

Never calculated it but cannot understand how we ever managed without Salesforce.

I have been involved with the deployment of a number of versions starting with contact manager (very reasonable) all the way up to their enterprise version. You get what you pay for and whilst the enterprise version is not cheap, its worth every penny.

Zoho CRM, Goldmine and Act.

What other advice do I have?

Spend as much time as you can scoping your needs and understanding what you want to achieve today, next year and in 2 years time.

I am really happy that Salesforce gives admins and developers access to the latest release in their sandbox (test environment) weeks before the release. This gives you a chance to evaluate and become familiar with the new release features.

The new interface Lightning is an important and extensive makeover that is even slicker and leaner than the existing interface

1 visitor found this review helpful