Salesforce Sales Cloud Review

We have automated many of the manual sales processes. I'm waiting for the improvements to the UI which are coming.

Valuable Features

The core features as well as the ability to extend them using ‘click-vs-code’ configurations to drive workflow activities.

Improvements to My Organization

We have been able to automate a large portion of the manual processes for our sales activities.

Room for Improvement

We know that User Interface improvements are coming, as well as improvements to reporting and dashboards.

Use of Solution

I have been using Salesforce for four years.

It is possible to use or configure the system in a way that can ‘slow it down’, but deployment, stability and scalability are some of the best features of Salesforce.

The technical support is the one area that Salesforce needs the most improvement. They are slow to respond, and in many cases you don’t get the help you need. There are different levels of support based on the license agreement, so make sure you know what you are getting, but don’t expect fast results except for the most basic questions.

A different solution was used several years ago and was called Goldmine.

The initial setup is very straightforward, and consists of many of the same considerations for any move to a CRM solution. However, the ability to configure Salesforce Sales Cloud is much faster.

Implementation Team

We did use a partner for the implementation, but have not used them since. I would highly recommend that you have someone on the team who is close to a salesforce solution/technical architect. They don’t need to be certified, but they should have a track record for successful project management and understand the salesforce technology stack.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Negotiate during the end of the Salesforce year. You will get the best pricing. Review the licensing options to align it to your needs. And ask for help from people you know who are like your company and using Salesforce.

Other Solutions Considered

We did evaluate other CRM solutions as well such as Microsoft CRM.

Other Advice

Follow good practices for comparing it, don’t over customize the standard functionality, make sure you understand how you would use it based on your sales processes and which ones you should/could change.