Salesforce Sales Cloud Review

What is most valuable?

The ability to easily change layouts, create customized fields and customized reports makes my job so much easier. Adding company hierarchy makes it easy for our sales people to identify subsidiaries of existing customers. The Salesforce forums are very responsive when you ask for help.

How has it helped my organization?

Adding customized drop-down fields and check boxes limits the amount of admin time that our sales people have to spend to keep their accounts up to date. Using Salesforce for Outlook enables our sales group to easily add emails sent and received to the account which puts all the information in one place. This allows top management to see exactly what is going on with each account without having to go to sales to get updates. Also having the ability to schedule pipeline reports to be emailed keeps the entire management team up to date on any pipeline changes.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to have the ability to change default values on certain fields such as the “Related To” field on the Task and Event pages.

I've been using it for over eight years.

The only issue we had with deployment was training the sales team on how to use it. After using ACT for so long, it took some of them quite some time to feel comfortable with it.

There have been no issues with the stability.

There have been no issues scaling it.

It has been excellent the few times I've had to use either customer service or technical support. For most issues I come across I use the forums which are excellent!

We previously used ACT. ACT had many limitations but the biggest limitation but the main reason we switched was that ACT had limitations when it came to integrating with our accounting software.

My part was straightforward. The only complex issue was integrating it with our accounting system which was handled by our CIO.

We implemented it ourselves. Prior to cutting over completely, you should definitely have all of your lists (Lead Source, Industry, etc.) in place. You should also have any customized fields in place and your layouts finished.

We have not tracked ROI, however, upgrading to the enterprise edition gives you more options and is definitely worth the additional cost.

What other advice do I have?

You should definitely purchase enough data storage. If you start using above 80% to 85% of your allocated data storage, response times will decrease.